Enjoy this photo of 490 teens celebrating a week of strengthened commitment to Christian leadership and service in faith at the YMCA Christian Values Conference held in Black Mountain.
Since 1981, The YMCA Christian Values Conference has brought together young people from across the country. The conference is held at the YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly in Black Mountain, North Carolina.
The conference this year, like every other year, included nightly mixers, uplifting morning songs and devotions, lots of free time adventures, and the chance for attendees to talk about what they believe with other students from all around the country. The setting, with its beautiful view of the Blue Ridge Mountains, reminds the students and counselors alike of God’s Handiwork.
The mission of the YMCA Christian Values Conference, launched and still operated as an outreach ministry of the Greater Montgomery (Alabama) YMCA, is inspired by John 17:21, “that they all may be one.” Students on site for the event learn firsthand about Christian unity in action.
At the conference, the organizers promise to:
* Create a diverse atmosphere that is welcoming to all
* Exemplify sound moral beliefs & emphasize the importance of being an example to peers on and off the mountain.
* Provide positive, consistent discipline
* Provide a safe, positive, Christian environment
* Provide caring adults who are dedicated to the spiritual, mental, and physical growth of all teens
* Provide active steps in spiritual growth
* Supply positive life skills for teens
* Create diverse, unique, challenging activities that encourage continued participation
Want to be inspired? Spend a day or two with this exciting group. For more information visit their website at: http://ymcacvc.org/