Passing The Baton—Moving Forward
US Mission Network Announcement
Passing the Baton—Moving Forward
The USMN Board of Directors extends deep appreciation to the US Mission Network—for offering your prayers and your support in the Lord’s work over the past five years.The USMN season leaves a legacy and ongoing impact for Christ—building relationships and helping to provide a relaunch of the YMCA Christian Heritage and Mission on a national stage. Thanks to many donors, this dream became a reality. It is encouraging to see so many YMCA Christian Mission resources developing and growing throughout the YMCA movement across our great nation.
The USMN Board of Directors has completed several months of prayer and data collection followed by a Symposium hosted in Chicago in March of 2019 to seek the future direction for this very important work.
To that end, the Board met on September 4, 2019, and has taken the following action for moving forward:
- The US Mission Network has decided to dissolve the Board and retire the name.
- The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties (Tacoma, Washington) will be given stewardship for the next 2 transitional years (2020-2022). Interim leadership will be provided by Janele Nelson and Angela Prenger.
- An Advisory Team will be created by Q1 2020 to provide counsel. (Current USMN pledges will not be billed. The Advisory Team will determine and communicate any future fundraising efforts.)
- Stewardship of relationships by communication through email and phone will continue.
- Relaunch of website in Q2 or Q3 of 2020.
- Partnerships with Y-USA will be encouraged and supported.
- YMCAs, CEOs, Boards and Christian Emphasis Directors will be encouragedand supported in their efforts to fulfill the YMCA Mission.
Thank You: Bob Hall, President and CEO of the YMCA of Columbia-Willamette, Portland, OR
The Board of Directors extends honor and appreciation to Mr. Bob Hall, USMN Board Chair. Bob led this effort through the USMN season, carrying the torch for Christ through his passionate commitment to the God-given purpose of the YMCA in the United States of America.
Welcome: Charlie Davis, President and CEO of the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties, Tacoma, WA
The Board is very optimistic and hope-filled for the future, as Charlie Davis and the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties steward this work moving forward. We are very excited to continue seeking and serving God, and helping YMCAs fulfill the YMCA Mission!